Many of us need to find ways to relieve stress as a respite from our daily lives. Stress is known as the “silent killer.” The effects of it may not be seen for months or even years, but when it catches up to us, it can be detrimental to our health.
Stress can lead to mental disorders, high blood pressure, stroke, heart attacks, and many other issues. With all of this, It is no wonder it is so important to reduce stress in our lives.
Causes of Stress
There are many potential causes of stress in one’s life. Let’s take a look at the different stress triggers that can affect our well being.
1. An intense job can slowly build stress in your life. How your employer and peers treat you along with frequent, unrealistic deadlines will over time, eat away at your physical and psychological ability to keep your nerves calm.
2. Dealing with the pressures of relationships can affect your stress level. Working through the differences in personalities from others you love is stressful to us. As each person has their own opinions, quarks, and jealousies, we tend to try and make our significant others and friends into or own molds. When we cannot, it causes a strain on our psyche. Even dealing with our family’s daily needs can place pressure on us. When we leave the office late to try and pick our kid on time to make soccer practice causes a tiny bit of stress that builds day after day.
3. Money issues are one of the leading causes of stress. A consumer economy places pressure on all of us to keep up with our neighbors and compete for the resources that make us happy. When we don’t have the finances available to obtain these resources, we manifest tension in our bodies and minds.
4. Even the most even-keeled person will be overwhelmed by major changes in life. Dealing with a sudden sickness of a loved one, or finding yourself unemployed causes stress as we have not had time to grasp the severity and suddenness of the situation.
The Best Ways To Deal With Stress
Here are seven of the best ways we have found to relieve stress in your life.
1. Organize Your Time-Our lives are full of hundreds of tasks daily, and keeping up with them can be stressful. You can help by organizing your time and schedule by writing them down on paper and ensuring everyone in the family follows the plan. This helps keep everyone on time and keeps the surprises down to a minimum.
2. Making Time for Yourself-We love our family and friends, but getting some much needed alone time to think and reflect can greatly reduce stress, especially if we have younger children in the home.
One idea is to make sure your kids get nap time to give you a few moments. Seneca Village recommends sending your child to daycare for a few hours a day, even if you are a stay at home mom or dad, to give yourself a mental break.
3. Meditation-Meditation has been used for thousands of years in the eastern countries and is practiced by many in the west to reduce stress levels. Meditation is simple, in the sense, you don’t need any equipment to perform it, only a quiet place for an hour or so.
4. Breathing Exercises-Like meditation, breathing exercises reduce tension in our bodies and, therefore, in our minds. Proper breathing can be practiced at work, at home or anywhere else you may be.
5. Watch What You Eat-There are foods that can cause stress in our bodies. Caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and other stimulants can take a toll on our bodies, leading to stress. If you cannot cut these out completely, at least reduce them for a less stressful life. You can read this article for free psychic readings
6. Take Supplements: As one of the strategies that will help you ease the symptoms of anxiety is taking supplements. Nowadays there are a lot of reputable companies providing a large variety of trust-worthy supplements such as Chemical Planet, Green Gorila, and MiraFlora. Chemical planet nootropics could be a great example of health supplements not only help you reduce stress but also help you improve the quality of your sleep as well as enhance learning and memory functionalities
7. Learn To Laugh-Scientifically laughter has been proven to reduce anxiety. If you are used to spending your time watching only dramas, criminal TV shows, or event news as your only entertainment, try changing it up. A good comedy must just be the trick for what you need to lower your stress level.
8. See a Psychic– A psychic can have many calming effects on your stress level. Rockville psychic Spiritual Insight by Joyce recommends that seeing a medium can make it much easier to make decisions in life when you’re more aware of your path. Another benefit is that they can give you a sense of well-being that helps when having doubts and anxieties.