Planning to lose those extra pounds with the help of Daith piercing? Well, first of all I want to say it is indeed a good idea. Daith piercing has gained immense popularity in recent times with the ever increasing issue of obesity. But, before you get on with it, it is important to know and understand the concept. Here we will discuss all you need to know about daith piercing – What is it? How is it done? Why go for it as well as all the facts about it. And keep on reading for some other fun facts at the end. Let’s begin!
What is Daith Piercing?
The thing is pretty simple in itself! It is simply piercing the inner cartilage of the ear just outside the auditory canal. Check out the image here to know the exact area we are talking about. Now that you know what area is actually involved, we can proceed further into the details.
How is it done?
Now we come to the next important question. That is what is the procedure involved.
- Well, it is done by a professional using a special type of needle or rather a “staple gun” as some might call it and involves an extraordinary technique.
- The specific area is pierced.
- The kind and size of the earring you should wear is decided by the professional himself.
- It is then left in place for about 3 months approximately and you need to schedule another visit after that.
The Concept involved
Okay, after understanding what is daith piercing and its procedure, it’s time we now discuss what it actually does that consequently sheds the extra pounds and helps us towards having the dream body.
Ever heard of a very ancient Chinese principle of Acupuncture? Even if you haven’t, you don’t have to panic and Google it immediately, because I will do that work for you.
Acupuncture is basically a typical procedure of inserting needles in a person’s body at a certain depth, at a specific point. It is aimed at pain relieving by balancing our body’s energy, but it has several other benefits too. Scientifically, there’s no proof till date as to how this works, but the neurological explanations seem quite logical. There are as many as 350 such acupuncture points known.
Why did I mention it here? Yeah I totally hear your question. The answer- Daith piercing is based on the concept of Acupuncture. I will tell you what actually happens:
- The ear has quite a few such Acupuncture points.
- Once a daith piercing is done, there are certain neurological stimulations that reduce your appetite.
- Once you start eating less because obviously you’re not hungry, your body starts using up its fat reserves to compensate the energy requirement.
- Poof, you start losing weight!
- Fun fact here- some scientists also believe that this procedure releases endorphins, hormones that are responsible for controlling your emotions. So, more endorphins mean less anxiety and stress. And, when it comes to overeating, these make us indulge in eating more and more and so we put on the pounds.
Results do vary from person to person because of different lifestyle choices of different individuals. We will discuss some common pros and cons here.
- When done right, daith piercing can be your shortcut to achieve your dream figure!
- Combine it will regular exercise and healthy eating habits and you are sure to experience the results like million others who were successful in this.
- The procedure is really quick.
- If you like to experiment with ear ornaments then this is just the icing on the cake because of the added benefits.
- Of course, it is a bit painful procedure. Those of you with an ear piercing can form an idea about it.
- Yes, I am not going to lie but the procedure is quite expensive.
- There is always a risk of an infection if proper hygiene is not maintained.
- And if the points are not properly identified then it will be of no use.
- Also, if your body gets too habituated with the effect then you need to revisit the professional who might then place the piercing in a little bit of a different position. That is typically after 2-3 months.
Tragus piercing is another alternative
You can get an idea about what is tragus piercing from the same image you referred to earlier to know what is daith piercing or see this picture here.
Just like daith piercing, tragus piercing is also based on the acupuncture principle and works in a similar way by controlling your cravings and hunger issues. It is done in a similar way too except obviously it involves a slightly separate area. Some people also try tragus piercing alongside daith piercing to increase or boost the beneficial effects. But then again, it depends on you to actually follow a healthy lifestyle to finally achieve the results. Some also claim it also helps in getting rid of smoking problems and migraine but again there’s no actual proof.
On various studies performed, the average rate remains at losing approximately 4 pounds per week. But, even that is huge.
A lot of people claim to have been benefited from it. And it is always advisable to give it a try from only adequately experienced professionals as the slightest mistake will lead to it being of no use and that is also the reason why some say it is ineffective. Plus, you do not want your money wasted, do you?
So, follow the guidelines that the professional lays down for you and take good care of your hygiene. Supplement with exercises and if needed visit a dietician to have a proper diet.
That being said, thank you for reading this article and hope it was informative enough for you. So, if you are overweight and want to try ear piercing options, then it is indeed worth giving a shot!
See you soon with a new article!