Are you bothered by your overall look because of a misaligned, chipped, or missing tooth? Such dental aesthetic issues can affect self-confidence and self-esteem. Your ability to smile and mingle with other people is greatly affected when you’re not proud of how you look. Fortunately, cosmetic dentistry has found ways to resolve such cosmetic dental problems.
It aims to improve your appearance by focusing on the dental aesthetics of your teeth and gums in terms of colour, shape, size, alignment, position, and overall smile appearance. You can find an experienced and reliable cosmetic dentist from a reputable cosmetic dental clinic in your area by searching online, such as Parkview Dentistry which offers the best aesthetic services.
If you’re considering undergoing this kind of dental procedure anytime soon, here’s an overview of the most common cosmetic dental procedures and their benefits:
- In-Chair Teeth Whitening
A cosmetic dentist performs in-chair teeth whitening, commonly known as Laser whitening in a dental health facility. This procedure involves an application of a high concentrate bleach to the teeth, in which an ultraviolet (UV) light activates the solution.
Laser whitening provides the following benefits:
- Safe Teeth Whitening Method: It is the safest teeth whitening method because it’s performed under a cosmetic dentist’s supervision. The lips and gumline have rubber and gauze seals for protection, unlike the risk of chemical burn when using over-the-counter (OTC) teeth whitening trays. The dentist also monitors the patient throughout the teeth whitening treatment.
- Very Effective: In-chair teeth whitening uses a sufficient amount of bleach that can remove stains quicker than OTC teeth whitening. After the teeth whitening treatment, the patient experience dramatically whiter teeth. Of course, the expected result depends on the original type and colour of your teeth.
- Enamel Bonding
Enamel bonding is a cosmetic dental procedure using a resin material with the same natural sheen of the patient’s teeth. But how does enamel bonding work?
The cosmetic dentist uses UV light to bond the resin material with the enamel. This procedure hides minor tooth cracks and chips caused by injuries or accidents.
Enamel bonding is a common cosmetic dental procedure because of the following advantages:
- Affordable: Enamel bonding is more affordable than other cosmetic procedures. It can whiten the teeth caused by cigarette smoking and reshape the tooth’s structure to attain a more angular tooth shape.
- Looks Natural: Unlike silver amalgam fillings, enamel bonding is more natural because of its similar colour with the teeth, making it barely noticeable.
- Takes One Sitting: Enamel bonding is painless and safe. The entire procedure only takes one sitting, saving you the time and effort of frequent dental visits with other cosmetic procedures.
- Dental Veneers
Porcelain or dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells that cover the front teeth’ surface to improve appearance. The cosmetic dentist bonds the shells to the teeth to change their shape, colour, size, or length.
Dental veneers can fix discoloured teeth due to stains from mediations, root canal treatment, large resin fillings, excessive fluoride, and other causes. This dental treatment is also suitable for worn down, uneven, misaligned, chipped, or broken teeth.
Here are the advantages of dental veneers:
- Provide natural teeth appearance
- Gums can tolerate porcelain well
- Make dark teeth look whiter
- No need for much shaping
Crowns are tooth-shaped “caps” placed over weak or damaged teeth, which improve the tooth’s size, shape, strength, and appearance. They can also help attach dental bridges between the gaps in the teeth.
A crown is made of metal or porcelain fused to resin, ceramic, or metal. Most crowns can last from five to 15 years.
The benefits of the crown include the following:
- Covers A Tooth: You can expect stronger teeth by applying a dental crown as it completely covers the tooth.
- Prevent Further Damage: A crown can help protect your tooth from further decay that can damage it.
- Last Longer: Crowns last longer than other dental treatments, like fillings. They can last for decades with proper care, regular dental check-ups, and good dental hygiene habits.
- Dental Braces
If you have misaligned teeth, braces can help correct these dental problems. Dental braces gradually straightens and aligns the teeth for the patient to have a normal bite.
Check out the following benefits of dental braces:
- Alleviate speech impairment caused by disproportionate teeth
- Prevents bone erosion
- Aid in proper digestion
- Boost self-confidence
Whether you want to confidently smile, improve your looks, or just care about your oral health, a cosmetic dental procedure can satisfy all your needs. With the right amount of time, effort, and budget, everything is possible with the latest technology in cosmetic dentistry. This article will enlighten you with all these possibilities for you to explore in your journey to a newer and confident version of yourself.