It’s no secret that breast augmentation is a popular procedure. Whether it’s to enhance the size of your breasts, correct asymmetry, or improve your self-image, there are many reasons women choose to have this procedure done.
But what you might not know is that several factors can affect the cost of breast augmentation surgery.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of these factors and discuss how they can impact the cost of your procedure.
How Much Does a Breast Augmentation Cost?
The average cost of breast augmentation surgery according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons is $4,516.
However, this figure can vary widely depending on the region you live in and even the type of surgeon you choose. Breast augmentation cost in New York, NY, ranges from $8,000 to $9,000.
If you want to get a better idea of what your procedure might cost, it’s a good idea to talk with a few surgeons in your area before deciding who will perform your surgery.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Breast Augmentation
- Location: The location where you get your surgery is one of the biggest factors in determining its price. Some states require that surgeons have years of experience under their belts before they can perform surgeries on patients — and those states tend to be more expensive than others.
Other states have less stringent requirements for surgeons who want to perform breast augmentations — and those states tend to be less expensive than others.
- Surgeon Experience Level: If your surgeon has been performing cosmetic surgeries for several years and has had success with their patients’ results, they’ll likely charge more money for their services than someone who hasn’t been doing this type of work for very long or has only performed a few procedures successfully themselves.
- The type of procedure used: This can range from traditional silicone implants to less-invasive procedures like fat transfer or natural breast augmentation. As you might imagine, the more invasive the procedure, the greater the cost.
What Makes Up the Cost of Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Breast augmentation costs may include:
- The fee for the surgery itself
- Anesthesia fees
- Medical tests and exams, including mammograms and blood tests, if not included in your initial consultation
- Surgical supplies (like implants and anesthetic drugs)
- Follow-up care, such as office visits and procedures to remove stitches or drain fluid from your incisions
Does Your Health Insurance Cover Breast Augmentation?
If you’re considering breast augmentation, you might be wondering if your health insurance will cover the procedure.
In most cases, breast augmentation is considered elective and not medically necessary. So if your plan requires that elective procedures be covered, you may have to pay for the surgery out of pocket.
If your health insurance provider does not cover breast augmentation surgery, there are other options available to help fund your procedure. You can explore financing options through your surgeon or cosmetic surgeon’s office. Or, find an interest-free payment plan with a credit card company or finance company that specializes in plastic surgery financing.
If you’re considering breast augmentation and want to know more about whether it’s covered by your plan, talk to your doctor or check with your insurer.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a procedure that adds volume to your breasts by inserting an implant behind each nipple. This can help create a more proportionate look for your body and give you more confidence in your clothing choices. If you’ve always wanted bigger breasts but haven’t been able to achieve them through exercise or weight gain, this procedure could be right for you!
Why Do People Get Breast Augmentations?
People get breast augmentations for a variety of reasons, but the most common are:
- To make their breasts more symmetrical and balanced
- To increase the size of their breasts
- To improve the shape or position of their breasts
- To correct a deformity in their breasts
How Long Will My Breast Augmentation Last?
Breast augmentation is meant to be a permanent procedure, and the results will last for years. However, it is important to note that your body changes over time, so your breasts can change as well. Always check with your doctor before getting another procedure like a breast lift or reduction.
Will My Breasts Feel Strange After Surgery?
Your breasts will feel strange immediately after surgery, but you should be pain-free after the anesthesia wears off. You may experience soreness and swelling, which can last for up to two weeks after surgery. It’s important to keep your arms elevated when possible during this period so blood does not pool in your arms and cause discomfort or infection.
What Kind of Bra Should I Wear After Surgery?
You should wear a supportive bra post-surgery for at least three weeks until the surgical site has healed completely and any swelling has subsided. Make sure that your bra fits properly — with no gaps between the cups — and that it provides good support without being too tight or too loose around the ribcage or straps (this could cause discomfort).