Stop being pathetic for your cold sores and go ahead with the treatment. There are essential oils for cold sores which you can afford to get rid of these itchy cold sores. Here, we have a list of 8 essential oils that can help you to treat cold sores.
Nobody likes to have cold sores or fever blisters as they hide your real beauty and can be very painful and irritating. The cause behind having cold sores or fever blisters is HSV(Herpes Simplex Virus) and they are of two types –
Usually, you can get rid of cold sores naturally in just 1-2 week that too without using any kind of treatment. But why to wait if you already have effective antiviral medications to heal your fever blisters?
Let’s have a glance at some of the essential oils which can help you to get rid of these fever blisters.
- Tea Tree Oil – It is one of the best oils which can help you to get rid of your cold sores. It contains antiviral properties which can directly kill the causes of disorder which is HSV virus. It is also advised to always apply the tea tree oil by mixing it with some other carrier oil as direct use of this oil on your skin can cause irritation.
- Lavender Oil – You can also heal your cold sores with the two drops of lavender oil along with some carrier oil. One can make the use of lavender oil for treating various types of skin ailments also, like skin irritation and blemishes.
- Lemon Balm Oil – It has been medically proven that Lemon balm oil directly attacks the HSV by penetrating into the pores of your affected areas. It comes with antiviral property which helps in treating the infection. Apply lemon balm mixed with some carrier oil up to four times in a day to your affected areas using a cotton ball to get some relief.
- Ginger Oil – A drop of dilute ginger oil can help you to get rid of the symptoms of cold sores. It can show you effective results very quickly by healing your sores and providing you with a soothing and calm sensation over your affected areas.
- Chamomile Oil – The properties and medical benefits of Chamomile plants are not hidden from science. The same plant is used to make chamomile oil which can be used to stop the growth of the HSV thus giving you a natural way to treat your cold sores. You can also make use of this effective oil in dealing with drug-resistant strains. Before applying it on your affected area don’t forget to mix it well with a carrier oil.
- Chrysanthemum oil – The high anti-inflammatory properties of Chrysanthemum oil makes it an effective oil to reduce the symptoms of fever blisters. Also, it is advised to apply the diluted Chrysanthemum oil on a part of your skin before treating your cold sores as it can bring you some kind of allergies also.
- Eucalyptus oil – Eucalyptus oil comes with anti-inflammatory properties which are known to heal cold sores. Don’t forget to use this oil along with some carrier oil in order to avoid any kind of irritation on your skin. It also helps in reducing inflammation and one can get rid of the cold sores more quickly.
- Peppermint Oil – The list of effective oils for cold sores is incomplete without peppermint oil. The activities of active HSV could be stopped by applying peppermint oil mixed with some carrier oil using a cotton ball. It is also known to reduce the symptoms of the infection.
Do essential oils work?
It is true that cold sores can be treated by using proper medications. These medications are available in the form of essential oils. Some oils heal your cold sores by attacking the HSV directly. But before using any essential oil there are important things to take care of like never forget to use some carrier oil along with your essential oil, you should not have any kind of allergy, do not use these oils more than a specific limit in a day.
How to get rid of cold sores?
Although having fever blisters on your mouth and genitals is very common, it can be treated very easily using some oils and home remedies. The earlier you start treating it, the earlier you can get rid of these itchy and irritating sores. The home remedies which you can try in order to get rid of cold sores include:
- Lip Balm – You can apply some lip balm or cream before going out in the sun. If you have dry lips then go for a moisturizing cream.
- Ice – If you are having any kind of irritation and inflammation on your cold sores then you can put some ice on it, it will help you to get some relief.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties thus it can be used to treat your cold sores.
- Reduce Stress – One of the reasons behind your fever blister could be your stress also. So, try to have a healthy life by daily yoga, exercise, enough sleep, etc and reduce the level of stress from your life.
How to prevent cold sores?
As already said Cold sores are caused by Herpes Simplex Virus but there are proper medications which you can avail in order to treat your affected areas. HSV can penetrate into your skin and can cause cold sores so it is important to avoid the entry of HSV in your body
- It is advised to stay away from infected body fluids.
- If a person is infected with cold sore then it is advised not to share your utensils and food with the person.
- Stress, cold, flu can also be the reasons behind your fever blisters so avoid them.
- Use sunscreen and lip balm for your skin and lips in order to avoid direct contact with the sun rays
- One can also consult a doctor if they are unable to treat them using medications.
Having cold sores or fever blisters is not a big issue. It can affect anyone but it is better to treat it as early as possible as it can cause irritation and pain in your affected areas. There are various types of essential oils available in the market which you can use. Never forget to mix these oils with some carrier oil before using them as they can be very strong and can hurt your skin. Go ahead with home remedies also in order to get rid of these cold sores more quickly.