Who in this world doesn’t desire a flat belly! But everyone is not granted with such an honor. Are you also looking answers for how to shed those extra kilos from the belly or waist? Well, performing exercises to lose belly fat is the best solution.
You might have been in situations where you could not buy or wear your favorite dress, only because your tummy gets bulged out of it. Thus, it lowers your confidence. Not only this, a fat belly may also leads to severe diseases.
To avoid all this, some of you might have tried dieting or other easy tricks such as drinking detoxifying drinks. But there is no easy hack that can give you a sexy belly without exercising. Consumption of a healthy diet and performing the right exercises is an ideal combination for you to achieve your dream figure.
Best Fat Burning Exercises
Feel the pain of fat burning exercises to gain that sculpted core. We have tried to compile here all the best belly fat burning exercises.
Crunches are all-time-favorite to burn fat around your tummy. Ab workouts are incomplete without them. Crunches target the abs or ‘6-pack muscles’. They are a must if you desire a toned belly. Find ahead the different types of crunches.
Regular crunches – These are the straight crunches from where a beginner should start.
- Lie straight on the ground with bended knees such that your feet are flat at the ground.
- Put your hands behind the head to give support to head.
- Slowly raise upper half of your torso nearly 1-2 inches above the ground while exhaling. Look straight without moving your arms or neck.
- Hold the position for 1-3 seconds and returns to the initial position.
- Repeat the moves.
Twist crunches – These are modified crunches and should only be performed after you get trained in regular crunches. Side abs are targeted here.
- Come in the initial position for regular crunches.
- Lift your right shoulder and bend it towards the left one while keeping the left shoulder on the ground.
- Come back to the ground and repeat on the other side.
* Force lifting your head may hurt you.
Side crunches – Your side muscles or transverse abdominals are targeted in this exercise.
- Take the starting position of a regular crunch.
- Rotate your hips to the right as if you lie on right side, but keep the upper body straight.
- Lift your upper torso from the ground and hold the position for few seconds.
- Return the starting pose and repeat on the left side.
* Fast movements may hurt the midsection.
Reverse crunches – If you are the one who dreams of hitting stubborn fat over the lower abs, go for these crunches. They require the movement of legs rather than your torso.
- Come in the initial position of a regular crunch but place your hands on the ground with palms facing it.
- Lift your hip from the ground and take knees towards the chest, while inhaling
- Hold the position for few seconds
- Take the legs back to initial position and repeat
* Your lower back should not make an arch or lose contact with the ground while you return.
A plank is an isometric core strength exercise where a particular position of the body is held for some time. Seems quite simple? But No, it’s not. Try it and feel the pain. Unlike crunches, it doesn’t only targets abs but balances the front, back and side muscles. It works best in improving your posture.
Forearm plank – It is the simplest form of a plank. It is actually the lower position of a push-up.
- Lie down with your face facing the ground.
- Lift your body such that only your toes and forearms touch the ground.
- Rest your forearms parallel to the body length and elbow, just below your shoulders.
- Keep your body straight parallel to the ground and look forward.
- Hold the position for 30/60/90 seconds.
Straight arm plank – This plank is similar to the forCome back to the initial position and repeat on the other sideearm plank but here, your palms touch the ground just below your shoulders. Keep your arms straight. It is actually the top position of a push-up.
Side plank – Not just belly fat loss, it also helps you with the strain in your muscles.
- Lie on the ground on the right side.
- Keep your body straight with your left leg over the right.
- Lift your body above ground such that only your right forearm and the outer edge of right foot touch the ground.
- Keep your right elbow at 90 degrees from the shoulder.
- Hold the position for few seconds.
- Repeat the same position over the left side.
3. Lunge twist
This exercise involves cardio and targets not only abs but other body muscles as well.
- Stand straight and lift your arms parallel to the ground at shoulder level.
- Take a forward step with your left leg and keep thigh parallel to the floor.
- Take the left leg straight backward such that toe touches the floor.
- Shift the torso towards the left side of the body.
- Make a sitting position and hold it.
- Go back to initial position and repeat on the other side.
4. Bicycle exercise:
This exercise is made to shed weight from your lower belly. It makes you feel as if you are riding a bicycle.
- Take the initial position of a regular crunch.
- Straighten the left leg. Lift it just off the ground.
- Take the bent right knee towards your chest.
- Simultaneously, raise your upper torso and bend it towards the right knee
- Hold this position and return back to the initial position
- Repeat on the other side
* Keep the relative position of arms and head same throughout the exercise.
5. Spiderman climber:
Fed up of those disappointing love handles? Say them bye-bye with this exercise. Spiderman or mountain climber exercise burns the fat from your lower abdominals and the obliques. It is a combination of abdominal plus cardio exercises. You can target abs as well as your lower body.
- Take the position of straight arm plank.
- Bend your right knee and take it towards your right shoulder in an outward movement.
- Come back to the plank position.
- Do the same step with the left leg.
* Make sure your back doesn’t bend.
It is a challenging exercise that works on your entire body. If you are good at this one, there is no exercise that you can’t perform. It also integrates abs and cardio moves. A single set of burpee involves squat, jump and push-up. Follow it and get splendid benefits!
- Come in the straight arm plank position.
- Take a jump such that your feet come in between your hands and you arrive into a low squat position.
- Jump upwards towards the sky and land back to the plank position.
7. Kettlebell swing:
Want to build strength and power along with flattening your belly? Opt for this exercise.
- Stand straight and keep your feet apart at a distance equal to your shoulder-width.
- Place a kettlebell on the ground in your front and center.
- Pick it by bending like a squat (major movement of hips but not knees).
- Pull the kettlebell between your legs such that it just reaches beneath your bent hips, but keep your body position intact.
- Send it forward to a height of your shoulders by driving your hips forward.
- Take the bell back between your legs and repeat.
* Make lesser use of your upper body to move the weight.
All these exercises can do wonder to your body if performed regularly and in the right way. The best idea is to learn these from a trainer and once you are used to them, start performing on your own at home or elsewhere. Moreover, you can always add some cardio like jogging or running to your sessions for a complete body workout. They will give more flexibility to your body.
The best trick to get the best out of your workouts is to make healthy changes to your lifestyle. Drink lots of water and detoxifying drinks, and consume a healthy diet without least sugar and carbohydrates.
Finally, none of the above exercises is heavy on your pocket or require any instrument. So, what are you waiting for? Give them a try and flaunt your dream jaw-dropping flat belly!
Hi. I’m glad he found healtholine.com website, I really like it,
the article is very useful and I shared it!
Comments are closed.