Apple cider vinegar for weight loss! Doesn’t this phrase seems so common across the internet? Ever wondered what it is, how it works and how it should be used? Well, let’s find out in this article.
Apple cider vinegar is proclaimed to be the solution for someone who:
- can’t shed significant fat even upon regular exercising?
- is too busy to go to gyms, but wants to maintain body weight?
No matter who you are and what your age is, ACV is said to bring health benefits for you for sure. It has long been used as a health tonic that improves the working of a body in multiple ways.
Many scientific studies have been conducted to determine if ACV really helps in reducing weight or it is just a myth. It has been found that it speeds up the burning of stubborn fat from the body. So, if you are the one who aims of this, you must give this drink a try. know more about ACV, why it benefits the body and how it should be used for losing weight, in the subsequent sections.
What is apple cider vinegar ?
Apple cider vinegar is an acidic solution which is full of antioxidants but low in calories. It also contains amino acids and potassium. It has an extra edge over other kinds of vinegars as it contains apple. You must have heard a common saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” This is true for ACV as well.
Acetic acid with sour taste is the prime active ingredient of ACV. Being full of vitamins, nutrients and anti-oxidants present in the apple along with the benefits of vinegar, this acts as wonderful drink for proper functioning of the body.
Why apple cider vinegar weight Loss drink?
You might get surprised to know about the long list of benefits that apple cider vinegar contains for our body. We have tried to give you a brief intro about them all in this section. All these benefits are responsible for weight loss in one or the other way.
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar contains only 3 calories and nearly no carbs at all. Therefore it is a drink with very less calories. You can certainly opt this weight loss drink in your fitness regime.
- who doesn’t want a fast metabolism? Not to much surprise, it speeds up the body metabolism, ultimately helping more in losing those extra kilos you desire to shed away.
- In your weight loss journey, it is essential that your blood sugar level is stabilized. When the body digests carbohydrate rich meal, its blood sugar levels initially increase and then decrease sharply. It is the reason why some people feel exhausted after having a meal. However, if it is consumed before eating a heavy meal, it will regulate the blood sugar levels. Not just it, ACV has also been proclaimed to enhance your concentration in regular tasks.
- The acetic acid present in ACV breaks down and burns the excessive fat. As per a study in Japan, regular consumption of ACV is found to reduce the accumulation of fat inside the body.
- You might have experienced many a times that you start feeling hungry and get food cravings just an hour after having a meal. This factor increases the weight to a significant extent. Well, ACV can work wonders here. The acetic acid in ACV helps you not only in feeling fuller but also in controlling appetite. This will not allow you to eat large quantities of food and eventually aids in losing those extra kilos.
- Not only does it aids in weight loss, ACV also aids in preventing human body from various illnesses arising due to viral and bacterial infections. It is able to kill bacteria and viruses responsible for stomach problems.
- Apple cider vinegar is said to enhance the insulin sensitivity and hence improves the symptoms of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). It has been proved in a study in which majority of the women patients resumed ovulation after consuming vinegar for about 3 months.
How to use apple cider vinegar for weight loss?
Now that you know what apple cider vinegar is and how it is beneficial in weight loss journey of a person, Find out in this section how you can include it in your daily diet plan. There are several ways as such to use the ACV.
- ACV with water – Apple cider vinegar forms a perfect weight loss drink when mixed with luke warm water. No one should find any excuse in consuming the ACV this. All you need is a glass of luke warm water and a tablespoon (15 ml) of ACV. Mix them well and you are all set to go!
- ACV with other juices – You can make an addition of ACV with your favorite drinks as well, like vegetable or fruit juice or tea. What an idea it is to turn your appealing drink into a healthy one!
- ACV with other ingredients helpful in weight loss – While surfing about distinct ways of losing weight, you might have come across various other tips as well. Lemon, Ginger, Honey, Garlic and cinnamon are the most common ingredients that are suggested. A great hack here would be to combine the benefits of these with that of ACV. The dosage should be:
- teaspoon of honey/garlic powder or juice/ginger + 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice + 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- ACV as Salad dressing – Isn’t it always awesome to treat your body with exotic salads at the restaurants? Well, you can certainly enjoy this healthy as well as tasty diet at your home. Addition of vinegar will both makes the salad tastier and improves the rate of absorption of nutrients into the body.
Use mixture of apple cider vinegar and olive oil as a salad dressing over finely chopped cucumbers, tomatoes and leafy greens. Or else, use a combination of 1 teaspoon of vinegar, half cup of olive oil, chopped garlic cloves, cayenne pepper and sea salt, as the salad dressing.
Another dish that appeals to the taste buds of many includes muddled strawberries and fresh mint leaves, grated fresh ginger, splash of orange juice and pomegranate juice, and one teaspoon of vinegar.
So, thinking of giving this vinegar a try? Must consider the following points:
- Always consume diluted apple cider vinegar
- Use the raw organic unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- Best suggested dosage of ACV per day is 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml). Spread this amount in two to three dosages a day.
- For best results, always consume vinegar before the meals
- Avoid its excessive intake as it is highly acidic and can result in indigestion, irritated throat or heartburn.
- Please consult your doctor before consuming ACV if you’re pregnant.
The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are numerous. It flushes out the harmful toxins from the body, kills the bacteria and viruses, and helps in shedding the extra kilos from the body. However, it is not any magical drink at all. Do not expect it alone to do wonders with your body weight. You must pair it with regular body exercise and healthy eating habits to achieve the best results. Too busy for exercising? Consume apple cider vinegar daily, it will at-least prevent you from gaining more weight.
Go ahead, and give it a try for a healthy body!
This blog about Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss- What, Why and How?
has helped me a lot, is very well written.
Great article! It’s informative and well-researched. I appreciate the insights on how apple cider vinegar can aid in weight loss. Thank you for sharing!
Comments are closed.