Though a prevalent condition, many people do not seek addiction treatment. The most common reason for this is the fear of judgment or the belief that it is not harmful. And those who seek treatment can find it challenging to achieve successful healing with traditional treatment models. Hence, many people go the other way around and visit a holistic rehab center for availing the required treatment.
Connection Between Holistic Therapy and Addiction
Holistic addiction treatment aims at treating the whole person rather than treating only substance abuse and its physical and mental effects. It views all parts of a person’s health as equal, thus helping the person overcome their substance abuse while also seeing improvements in other aspects of their life. It uses alternative medicine alongside traditional clinical practices so that patients receive the highest quality of care.
Hence these options are attractive to many people, especially those who have tried conventional treatment methods before and have failed to improve their condition. Thus they tend to visit a holistic rehab center that can help them heal themselves and provide assistance throughout the process through various types of holistic treatments.
Types of Holistic Treatments for Addiction
Holistic treatment comprises natural processes and works according to a set of rules and guidelines. The most common therapies you may likely go through include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), individual therapy, relapse prevention education, etc. It also includes meditation, yoga, nutrition therapy, fitness therapy, art therapy, and more.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy aims to eliminate all negative thoughts about the patient and address the emotional challenges a patient is facing. Conditions like anxiety disorders, depression, sleep disorders, and substance abuse fall under this category.
- Individual therapy is a one-to-one interaction between the doctor and the patient. It is more of a psychological process for treating personality disorders and emotional issues.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy: It is a psychological process that focuses on treating personality disorders and interpersonal conflicts. This helps alleviate thoughts of self-denial, mood disorders, and suicidal thoughts.
- Meditation is an important aspect of holistic treatment since it helps clear your mind and focus on the present moment. You will focus on specific goals for addiction recovery and stay grounded. It is a valuable tool that helps overcome cravings and calm the mind from intrusive thoughts.
- Fitness therapy: Regular exercise has been shown to reduce substance abuse in many individuals and make them feel better mentally and emotionally. Fitness therapy can boost your well-being and also help develop interpersonal skills. It also releases endorphins, thus relieving pain and reducing stress, both essential for maintaining long-term recovery.
- Yoga: Yoga is an excellent way of relieving stress and anxiety. It can help you control your breathing, build strength, and relax the body. It is a tool that can be used when a person is stressed or experiencing cravings, thus reducing the risk of relapse.
- Nutrition therapy is another great way of treating addiction. People in recovery should avoid sugar as there is a risk of developing a secondary addiction to sugary foods. Holistic therapy involves a nutrition specialist who will guide you through the necessary diet changes.
Some luxury holistic addiction treatment centers also offer additional treatments like Pouyan therapy, detox, and Ayahuasca and Ibogaine therapies.
What Does a Holistic Treatment for Addiction Look Like?
Once a person enters a holistic addiction treatment center, they will meet with counselors and other professionals. But most luxury healing facilities offer a relaxed and comfortable environment rather than a methodical one. You are likely first to undergo detox sessions, which the staff member will supervise to clear out the drug or toxin from your body.
You will also be required to make necessary lifestyle changes which are necessary to reduce the risk of relapse and improve your overall health. Qualified professionals will guide these changes and involve things like diet, physical fitness routine, and coping mechanisms. The professional staff will be a constant support network during the entire treatment.
How Holistic Healing Centers Work?
The detox program is the first thing you will participate in in the holistic healing center, starting with using herbal supplements and diet changes rather than medications. Along with this, you will also participate in therapies and holistic treatments aimed to address the underlying cause of your addiction through therapy. This may also include finding healthy outlets for your stress through meditation, yoga, and other similar holistic practices. It aims to heal your body, mind, and soul rather than just the parts.
So if you are looking for a new approach to recovering from your addiction, you can look for a holistic addiction treatment center that can help you understand and treat the underlying causes of your problem. They should be able to give you the right tools to manage your triggers while also improving your overall well-being by guiding you through every step of your recovery.