The brain is an integral part of our body and when the oxygen supply is interrupted, the brain cells may get damaged. This results in a brain stroke. It is a medical condition in which the brain cells stop working due to insufficient oxygen supply. Sometimes a specific part of the brain can get damaged which may impair speech. There are basically three types of brain strokes which are as follows:
- Ischemic stroke – this is the most common type of stroke which occurs in adults mostly. When an artery carrying blood supply to the brain is blocked due to a blood clot then the person may suffer an ischemic stroke.
- Haemorrhagic stroke – when there is internal bleeding inside the brain due to a rupture in blood vessels then this stroke damages the nerves of the brain. As the brain does not get enough supply of blood, this stroke may prove to be fatal for the affected patient.
- Mini stroke – when an artery is temporarily blocked by a blood clot then the person may suffer from a mini stroke. It mostly results in loss of speech temporarily.
The possible symptoms of the stroke depends on the type of stroke. Each type of stroke has different symptoms but common symptoms are as follows:
- Loss of speech
- Loss of vision
- Weakness of limbs like arms, legs, shoulders, face
- Loss of balance (unable to walk suddenly)
These symptoms may get worse if the patient is not given immediate medical attention.
Risk factors of stroke
There are many possible factors which may lead to a stroke.
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol level
- Cardiovascular diseases
You can definitely prevent yourself from getting a stroke by following a healthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle includes eating fresh and green vegetables and fruits. Try to make a habit of exercising daily for at least 15 to 20 minutes. This will increase blood supply to all parts of the body. Exercise keeps the function of heart and brain active and healthy.
Cut down on alcohol and processed sugar. Alcohol is the major factor behind many brain and cardiovascular diseases. Processed sugar is like a slow poison for your body. The artificial sweeteners in juices may not do the trick for you in terms of weight loss. You can maintain a healthy weight by drinking fresh fruit juices.
As blood clots are the major reason behind a brain stroke, doctors mostly recommend blood thinners to prevent the formulation of blood clots in the bloodstream. Apixaban is a blood thinner which is mostly prescribed by doctors. You must first consult with your doctor before taking any medicine. After a proper consultation, you can get Apixaban 5mg from PricePro Pharmacy which is an online pharmacy specializing in selling authentic medications at discounted prices.
The recovery process after a stroke may take time. You must wait patiently to recover fully. It all depends on your immune system. If your immune system is strong then you can recover from a stroke within a month.