Lip fillers are dermal fillers that are injected into your lips to increase the volume. They consist of hyaluronic acid, which can be found in our body naturally and thus are seen as a non-invasive procedure. Getting lip fillers is a completely personal decision.
If you think you need lip fillers, it is a good idea to first talk to your doctor and see whether you are a good candidate for the procedure. Although lip fillers are not seen as an invasive procedure, you still need to be a healthy individual to be a good candidate. Check out ICCM for more information.
Have plump lips in no time
Who is a good candidate for lip fillers?
If you are interested in lip fillers, you should know that not everyone is a good candidate. Usually, most people will be, but they are also individuals:
- In good physical health.
- Who have realistic expectations.
- Who do not have an active oral infection of any sorts.
Why do people get lip fillers?
- Restore lip size – as we age, our lips can start to droop, they can get thinner and smaller. If you are not satisfied with how your lips look no longer, you can restore a previous lip size with lip fillers. Your lips might even be asymmetrical, which can be fixed with lip fillers.
- Smoothing out wrinkles – it is very common to have smile and laugh wrinkles on the side of the mouth, which can be corrected with lip fillers.
- Boosting your confidence – at the end of the day this is your personal choice. You can choose to have lip fillers done simply to feel confident in your looks.
Hyaluronic Acid Benefits
Since our body naturally produces hyaluronic acid, it makes it much safer to be injected with it. Once you are injected with hyaluronic, the gel in this filler will support and shape the tissue of your lips. The overall benefits include:
- Control over volume – the doctor can control the amount of substance that is being injected, thus have a better control over the volume of your lips.
- No bumps – in most cases, hyaluronic acid will not cause any bumps. Those that are formed can be dissolved easily.
- Gradual injections – your doctor can choose to give you these injections gradually, until you are happy with the results.
- Less bruising and better results – with hyaluronic acid fillers there is known to be a lot less swelling and bruising, plus the results tend to last quite long. However, the results are not permanent.
It is always a good idea to learn more about the procedure before you decide to go through with it, no matter how small. If you are in the area, and you are looking for the best lip augmentation in Sydney, check them out, or simply search locally.
Lip augmentation procedure can be performed by your doctor in their office, and there is usually no downtime. The only exception is with fat injections, as that procedure will require a liposuction procedure as well.
Before you go through the procedure, your doctor will apply a local numbing agent to ease the discomfort. In some cases, your doctor will completely numb your lips with nerve block injections, but this all depends on your preference and the method your doctor prefers.
After your doctor has marked the areas that will be injected, he/she will use fine needles to inject the substance in your lips. After the procedure is done, you might be given some ice to ease the discomfort and deal with the swelling, but you should never press your lips right after the procedure. Most lip products should be avoided as well.
Get the size you’ve always wanted
Possible side effects
No matter how small a procedure might be, there are always some possible risks that you should be aware of. When talking about lip augmentation, here are a couple of possible side effects:
- Bleeding from the injected areas.
- Tenderness and redness at the injected areas.
- Swelling and bruising.
- Herpes simplex of the lips or the area around the lips.
You might also experience some more serious risks, such as prolonged and severe swelling or bruising that can be quite uncomfortable. Your lips could look asymmetrical, you could experience lips and irregularities, or end up with an infection. These tend to be rare especially if you find a good doctor to perform the lip fillers.
Lip augmentation procedure is a very simple one and it can really boost your confidence. But make sure that you talk to your doctor and that you learn more about the possible risks and side effects, before you go through with the procedure.