Heard of Botox? What is it?
Ironing out that frown is the latest trend in most parts of the world. Botox and cosmetic fillers are very popular anti-aging treatments taken by both men and women. It is one of the HIGH ASK cosmetic procedures in the world with women surpassing men in large numbers in receiving this popular treatment that has changed the FACE OF THE BEAUTY! And also the BEAUTY OF FACE!
With that said, Botox is among the most requested anti-aging solutions across the globe. Being non-invasive, simple with good results, and no side effects if performed by trained professionals, this is a simple easy way to fight the signs of aging and look young and attractive well at least temporarily for a few months.
Botox is purified Botulinum toxin is a neurotoxic protein and is administered in the form of an injection to treat aging temporarily, by a trained doctor or authorized nurse or professional.
Potential candidates for a Botox treatment?
There is no DEFINED AGE to start getting a Botox treatment. Some people prefer to start as early as their late twenties and continue getting them till they live. But the popular age at which most people decide to start fixing those frowns is approximately at the age of 30-35. In other words, mature adults (All genders) are good candidates to start Botox treatment. It is an age by when the skin begins to loosen and could benefit from some replenishment.
It is wise to consult a doctor about getting Botox while you’re pregnant or breastfeeding. Be extra cautious if you have a pre-existing neurological condition.
Where would you take a Botox shot?
- Treatment of wrinkles on the Forehead.
- To treat Crows feet lines around the eyes
- Vertical II, lines between brows.
- At the bunny lines around the nasal area
Men mostly take a Botox shot in the forehead and around the eyes and women are open to several other facial areas for that beauty shot.
How does Botox work?
Botox shot works by blocking the signal sent to the muscles from the nerves, that way the muscle does not contract and remains in its original state.
How long does it take for Botox to show results?
Botox could very well take between 3-4 days to a few weeks to work post-treatment. Botox covers the motor endplates between nerves and muscle and hence takes some time to work. Remember the only thing a Botox shot is doing is blocking the nerve signal to the muscle! STOP AGING!
Botox is either injected separately an individual treatment in sittings ( of 20-30 shots) for treating a single facial area or given along with other cosmetic surgery treatments like fillers.
While women would need to say about 30 units of Botox to treat their crow’s feet men need a considerably larger quantity around 50 units!
How long does Botox last?
When you get Botox done for the first time, you will see that the best results are seen for approximately 3 to 4 months. However, after that, you’d see that the results start to gradually fade off. It time to take your next dose of shots post that!
The most common myth is that your skin will make up for the lost aging and suddenly look way older if you suddenly stop getting Botox. The reality is that you can still a lot younger than your actual age for a longer time. Your skin is not going to start magically wrinkling or shrinking overnight post a few months from treatment.
By and large, a typical Botox treatment for first-timers should easily last up to 4 months and anywhere between 5-6 months after the second treatment.
Side Effects of a Botox Treatment?
- Stiffness in the muscle may lead to pain in the injected area.
- Difficulty in swallowing food with dry mouth.
- Mild to severe headache and dizziness.
- Dryness in the eyes and at times drooping eyebrows.
- The weakness of muscle near the administered area of the face.
Cost of Botox treatment?
While Botox makes you look younger it comes with a cost. This may vary on the type of Botox treatment, the number of units of injections, sex of the patient, and also the geographical location of the clinic where you are taking the injection /treatment.
Priced per unit of injection, Botox would cost about $ 10-15 -20 PER UNIT, and If you receive up to 20 -25 units, which would total up to $250 to $350 for the chosen treatment.
Lesser known facts of Botox?
- Did you know that Botox is also given for hair treatment in the form of keratin injections Hair Botox is a filler treatment and used for deep conditioning the hair?
- In 1987, two Vancouver doctors Jean and Alastair Carruthers discovered the cosmetic property of toxins used by ophthalmologists.
- Botox is a multi-billion-dollar industry today with huge scope and growth potential and has come a long way since it was invented.
Botox alternatives. Are there any?
Botox alternatives are simply other ways to look younger to defy aging!
- Weight management with a healthy diet.
- Regular exercise and an abundance of physical activity.
- A hydrated body is a hydrated skin.
- Vitamins to help natural replenishment of skin.
- Anti-aging creams and chemical peels
- Acupuncture is also another anti-aging treatment gaining popularity
- Facial creams that are sold over the counter or sometimes prescribed by dermatologists and beauticians.
With so much hue and cry on graceful aging, and equal opportunity at the workplace, BOTOX which was initially sought after primarily in the glamor and fashion industry is now very common among the general populace and working classes. It is that need to look young for a longer time which has played a big role in the boom of this MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY!