Jock itch is a fungal infection which can affect anyone and can cause irritation and rashes on the surface of your skin. It is very common among athletes as they sweat a lot. In simple words, it can be described as an annoying and itchy rash which occurs due to fungal infection. A certain species of fungus can overgrow on the surface of the skin and can cause inflammation. It is also known with the name Tinea Cruris.
There are various symptoms of jock itch which you can experience like rashes, itching, redness, etc. It is not a very big issue but it can definitely cause you disturbance and irritation. It can affect your upper and inner thighs, buttocks, etc. It most occurs in moist areas so it is very necessary to keep yourself dry. You can get rid of this itching by some treatments and taking care of some precautions beforehand.
How to treat jock itch?
As already said, Jock itch is a type of fungal infection that can cause rashes and redness on the surface of your skin. Just like any other fungal infection it can also reoccur so it is advised to take precautions beforehand also. Jock itch is not a serious issue and it can be treated easily.
There are various types of treatments available in the market to help you to get rid of this infection. The treatments can be in the form of antifungal creams, lotions or sprays which can stop the growth of this infection. Along with these tubes and lotions, you can also go ahead with some home remedies in order to get rid of this infection. They are as follows-
- If you are having a jock itch then always remember not to scratch your infected area. Scratching can spread the infection even more.
- The next important thing you can do is to stop the growth of the fungus. This type of infection is not contagious and it can be reduced by keeping yourself clean and dry.
- Wear loose clothes and keep yourself clean and dry. Use clean towels to dry yourself.
- If you exercise a lot then you can use some powder to keep yourself dry.
- Maintain hygiene and always clean your equipment before using them.
How to get rid of jock itch?
It’s an old saying that precaution is better than cure. So instead of waiting for jock itch to occur so that you can treat it, it is better to avoid it. Do you know that you can lessen the chances of any infection by having a healthy body? The first and the most important thing to avoid any kind of fungal infection is to take care of your healthy diet. Proper exercise and rest are the two things which are really important for you to get rid of this infection. Let’s have a glance at some of the tips which you can follow in order to avoid any kind of fungal infection that can cause jock itch.Personal hygiene should be your first priority in order to avoid any kind of infection.
- It is important not to share your towels and clothes with anyone else as it can spread the infection.
- It is also important to dry yourself using clean towels after taking a bath.
- Always maintain hygiene around yourself and use clean towels and clothes.
- If you are an athlete then you must take a bath after every athletic activity.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes.
The best treatment for jock itch?
The reason behind jock itch is very simple. As already told, it’s a fungal infection which can affect anyone. So the best thing to do is to avoid the things which can cause this infection. Also, there is nothing to worry a lot. The infection can be treated easily by taking care of some simple things. The best treatment for jock itch so far is :
- You can use antifungal cream, powder or spray available in the market.
- It is also advised to clean the infected area thoroughly and dry it.
- Use clean towels to dry yourself
- It is also necessary to change your clothes regularly in order to maintain hygiene.
- Avoid wearing tight and uncomfortable clothes.
Jock itch cream
Jock itch creams are available in the market and they are used to treat the symptoms of this itching. They are simple treatments and they are also available in the form of sprays and lotion also. As already said, jock itch can be treated easily and is not a very serious problem. But it can cause a lot of irritation, rashes, etc so it is very important to treat it as early as possible.
There are various preventive measures which you can follow but along with these measures, there are various treatments available in the market also. These simple treatments can help you to get rid of your fungal infection so easily. They exist in the form of antifungal creams, lotions or sprays, etc. You can use some of the creams available in the market without any prescription also as they are safe to use. Some of the products available are as follows:
- LamisilAT Cream for Jock itch
- Miconazole spray or cream
- Ketoconazole spray or cream
- Clotrimazole cream/spray
They are some of the names of the treatments available. There are a lot more available in the market which you can try. They are easy to use and can help you to get rid of these itchy rashes.
Does jock itch smell?
As already described Jock itch is caused by fungus. So, like any other fungal disease jock itch can also cause a foul odour if left untreated. The smell is unpleasant and can be very disturbing. The best practice to follow to get rid of this foul smell is bathing regularly using an alcohol-based bath wash. Maintain hygiene and clean your affected areas regularly. Also, in case of major complications don’t feel shy to consult a doctor.
Although jock itch is not a very serious problem still it is good to avoid it. It can cause a lot of irritation and itching. It is more common in men as compared to a woman but the plus point is that you can treat it just by taking care of some points. It is also important to take care of the preventive measure as the symptoms can reoccur again. You can go ahead with various treatments and can follow some easy preventive methods to avoid the infection.