In this article, we will talk about how to develop a personalized diet plan for better health.
In the USA, approximately 39% of the people are overweight as estimated by surveys. With the advent of the modern age and gadgets, which have made people more sedentary than ever, obesity has reached alarming heights. People do not even have the time to take a walk or hit the gym owing to busy work schedules. Hence, it is of utmost importance that we develop a personalized diet plan to fight obesity.
Maintaining a proper weight can help boost your performance and stay in the pink of health. If you are one of the millions of overweight people, you should exert efforts to reduce your weight to ideal levels. Don’t worry. There are practical solutions you can adopt, like creating a personalized diet and taking fat burners that work.
Let us first start by understanding what obesity is and its harmful effects on our health.
What is Obesity?
Obesity is a condition which results when you have higher amounts of fatty tissues in your body than normal. A BMI (Body Mass Index or weight in kilograms divided by your height in square metres) of 30 and above is the diagnostic criteria for obesity.
Harmful Effects of Obesity to Your Health
Being overweight or obese can put you at a higher risk of developing severe medical conditions. As a precautionary measure, maintain a healthy diet. Here some adverse consequences of overweight or obesity to the body:
- Increased blood pressure levels leading to heart attack and stroke
- Higher risk of mental health issues like depression
- Leads to sleep apnea, which is a periodic loss of breathing at night
- Higher risk of gastroesophageal reflux disease or the leak of stomach acids into the esophagus
- Appearance of discolored and thickened rashes in areas where your skin folds and creases
- Higher risk of developing cancer in vital organs like the kidney, liver, colon, and pancreas
- Leads to more elevated blood sugar, which causes diabetes
- Weakens your bones and muscles
- Can cause infertility and a higher risk of complications during pregnancy
- Puts strain on your joints, which results in stiffness and pain
Useful Tips in Creating a Diet plan for better health
To avoid becoming overweight or obese, maintain healthy habits like regular exercise and dieting. However, following a specific diet from health gurus and others may not be helpful. Creating a personalized plan based on your feeling could be the right course of action.
First of all you need to understand your own needs and get the answer to a few questions yourself. For example, if you need a certain food item daily to feel at peace, your tendencies to eat out and how many meals you think you need per day. Decide these for yourself and then follow the tips given below to design the perfect diet plan that works the best for you.
Here are some tips for doing it:
- Establish an eating schedule based on your activities – Eat wholesome foods as your body needs extra energy. For example, if you are busy in the morning, make sure to eat a nutritious breakfast.
- Determine whether your emotions affect your eating behavior or not. Do you eat food to calm yourself when you are nervous? Do you eat more food when in the company of friends? If these are your case, find ways on how to alleviate your stress without your comfort foods. Also, learn how to avoid overeating when with your friends.
- Examine the reasons why you want to eat except when hungry. Maintain a food journal to record the situations where you want to eat food. Find ways to avoid them.
- Determine the amount of food you eat until you are full. Practice the art of mindful eating to slow down your digestion. This process will allow you to eat less and feel more satisfied.
- Find your favorite fat-burning foods and consume them more often. Some of these foods are green tea, bananas, berries, and citrus fruits. You can also try fat burners that work from groceries and reputable online stores.
Healthy eating habits and regular exercise create a fit body and mind. I hope the above tips helped you to develop a personalized diet plan for better health. Be assured that by following a personalized diet plan and taking fat burners that work, you’ll be on your way to a fitter you.