This post is all about how to get rid of dark underarms overnight.
You recently got in shape by working out hard at gym and also spent a fortune on the membership. After all, gym memberships are not cheap. It burns a hole in your pocket. But you were on cloud nine when you imagined yourself in that pretty tube dress that you wanted to wear for so long.
Finally, the day has come. You put on that dress and overwhelmed to see that it fits you so perfectly. But suddenly you realize that you still won’t be able to don it. Ohhhhhh…… those dark underarms????
Are dark underarms stopping you from flaunting your well toned arms and worked out shoulders??? Don’t worry. We bring to you some tried and tested methods to get rid of dark underarms overnight. Now you have a reason to cheer up☺.
CAUSES OF DARK UNDERARMS
Darker skin commonly appears in areas like underarms, back of the neck, groin, knees, elbows etc. However, dark areas on body should not be a cause of concern as it is not categorised as a medical condition. But some people, especially the lovely ladies out there, find it embarrassing when they want to wear tank tops or swimsuits. It can be really irritating if it is accompanied by bad odour.
Dark underarms can be caused by any one or more of the following factors:
1. Dark areas on skin appear when skin pigments regenerate at unusually fast rate. Repeated shaving of hair is one of the common causes of multiplication of skin pigments at a higher rate leading to darker skin in armpits.
2. Dark patches are sometimes referred to as Acanthosis Nigricans. This condition is one of the many symptoms of following medical conditions:
- Type 2 Diabetes: It is caused when sensitivity of body to insulin declines. Body becomes insulin resistant.
- Hormonal Disorders: Hormonal disorders like hypothyroidism, PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), Acromegaly or Cushing Syndrome may lead to thickening and darkening of skin in folded areas of body like armpits, neck, groin etc.
- Obesity: Obese people will most likely have darkening of skin in one or other part of the body.
3. Medication: Certain medications are known to cause darkening of skin. Some of these medicines are insulin, corticosteroids, birth control pills and niacin.
4. Deodorants: Overuse of deodorants may be one of the reasons of dark underarms. Sometimes a particular brand of deodorant may not suit you leading to development of darker areas in armpits.
5. Dead Skin: Dark underarms sometimes can merely be accumulation of dead skin. Layer after layer of dead skin cells leads to development of thick and dark patches of skin in underarm area.
6. Synthetic and Too Tight Clothes: Synthetic or tight fitting clothes don’t let the sweat absorb quickly. Longer duration of stay of sweat on body provides a good breeding ground for growth of skin darkening bacteria. In such situations, it is not uncommon to have dark underarms.
HOW TO GET RID OF DARK UNDERARMS?
Dark underarms are not going to be a nightmare anymore. This post is a compilation of some very effective remedies to get rid of dark underarms quickly. Some of these remedies are so effective and quick that dark underarms will literally disappear overnight.
1. BAKING SODA: This is by far the most effective and sure shot home remedy to get rid of dark underarms quickly. There are various ways to use baking soda to achieve the desired results. Mix baking soda with water/ lemon juice/ apple cider vinegar to form a thick paste. Apply this paste on to the underarm area for 15-20 minutes. Thereafter, gently scrub the paste in circular motions. Rinse off with water. You can follow it with gentle scrubbing using a pumice stone. Pat dry and apply something hydrating like coconut oil or some moisturizing lotion. Do it in night and you will be amazed to see the difference the following morning.
2. HYDROGEN PEROXIDE: Hydrogen Peroxide in beauty is not only used to bleach hair. It can also lighten skin if used properly. Apply hydrogen peroxide onto armpits using a cotton swab. Leave on for around 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water. Apply coconut oil or a moisturizing lotion. It will whiten your underarms in single use provided that the pigmentation is only in upper layers of the skin. If the pigmentation has reached the deeper layers of skin, you may have to use this remedy daily for a week or so to see the desired results.
3. DIY SUGAR, LEMON AND TOMATO SCRUB: Take one mashed tomato, one teaspoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of sugar. Mix all the ingredients. Rub this paste on underarm area in circular motions for around five minutes. Repeat it daily for a week, subsequently doing it twice a week. You are going to have baby like armpits.
Lemon and tomato have bleaching properties which will lighten the tone of armpits. Sugar and lemon will remove dead skin cells with their exfoliating properties.
4. MILK: Milk has lactic acid which is quite effective in removing darkness of skin. Apply milk directly on the target area to have milky white underarms.
You can also make a paste of milk, gram flour and a pinch of turmeric. Apply it on underarms. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Remove it while rubbing in circular motions. It is okay to be a bit harsh with scrubbing your underarm area as skin here is not very gentle.
5. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: Apply apple cider vinegar diluted with water in a ratio of 1:1 on to armpits daily.
Alternately, make a paste of Apple Cider Vinegar and gram/ rice flour. Apply on your underarms. Leave on for 20-25 minutes. Rinse off with water while scrubbing gently.
Apple Cider Vinegar maintains the pH level of skin thus keeping it free from any darkening bacteria. Moreover, it is a skin lightening agent. Rice/ gram flour are well known for their skin whitening properties. These ingredients when combined together yield very good results.
In addition to the aforesaid remedies, there are certain things that must be taken care of in day to day life to take care of underarm area:
- Prefer Waxing over Shave.
- Don’t ignore the exfoliation of armpits. Scrub them regularly to avoid build up of dead skin cells.
- Be selective of deodorants. A deodorant may not be suitable for everyone. Try to figure out which deodorant triggers darker underarms for you. If you are still apprehensive, switch to talcum powder.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Maintain sugar level.
If despite trying above remedies, problem of dark underarms still persists; you can go for laser or other clinical skin whitening treatments. But they are not within everyone’s reach.
It is better to make some lifestyle changes to get rid of darker armpits. Try above remedies and take care of your underarm skin just like facial skin.
Last but not the least, dark underarms is not a medical condition. It just has some aesthetics issues. Be confident in your skin and thank God for blessing you with healthy body and sound mind.