Every woman wishes for long, flowing hair, but this wish rarely comes true. External and internal causes of hair loss include stress, poor eating habits, hormonal changes and illnesses, infections, hair dyes, styling products, medications, gene mutations, and smoking. Do you know there is yoga for hair growth? Yoga is a set of physical, mental, and spiritual activities or techniques that originated in ancient India to control and soothe the mind.
We are all familiar with the significance of yoga for our health, skin, and hair. Yoga can do much more than you might think, from giving us great complexion to long hair. While many asanas promote physical fitness, there are few asanas in yoga for healthy hair. These asanas can help with hair problems such as thinning, dandruff, and premature greying and induce hair growth.
What Causes Hair Loss and How Can Yoga Help?
Our hair has a life cycle that includes a growing phase, a resting phase, and finally, a shedding phase. However, you should be concerned if you have excessive hair thinning, bundles of hair follicles on combs, and slow hair growth.
Some of the reasons are as follows:
- Hereditary diseases
- Medical conditions Scalp infections, stress, and depression
- Hormonal balance problems caused by thyroid issues, pregnancy, menopause, or childbirth
- Medication dose increase
- Hair styling chemicals and heating appliances
- Iron deficiency
Why Yoga For Hair Growth
Yoga, which means union, combines breath and movement. As a result, practicing a yoga asana requires you to be fully present in the moment. Consider it a moving meditation.
Blood circulation in the scalp can help to strengthen the hair from the root and rejuvenate it. It improves the endocrine system by regulating proper hormonal flow. Yoga asanas improve blood circulation and stimulate healthy blood flow. Yoga improves digestion and metabolism, allowing the scalp to absorb more nutrients, resulting in thicker hair growth.
No matter what the cause of your hair loss is, practicing yoga is the best exercise for hair growth that can work miracles for you.
5 Best Yoga Asanas To Boost Your Hair Growth Faster
Different exercises for hair fall control work by increasing blood circulation and oxygen supply to your scalp. They also help to relieve stress and calm the mind, thereby preventing hair loss. The asanas range from simple to advanced. Perform them according to your personal stamina and flexibility. Here are a few yoga poses for hair regrowth.
Balayam Yoga Mudra
Balayam yoga is the practice of rubbing your nails against each other. It is one of the most basic and straightforward methods for reducing hair fall. You only need to practice it for 5-10 minutes every day.
When you rub your fingernails, a nerve ending beneath them stimulates your brain, causing it to send a signal to revive dead or damaged hair follicles.
- Increases blood flow to your scalp
- Reduces dandruff and other hair problems
- Prevents premature greying.
How To Do
- Curl the fingers on both of your hands inwards towards your palm
- Bring your nails together and begin rubbing them together. Vigorously.
- Make sure that the thumbnails are not included
- Continue rubbing it for 5-10 minutes.
Adho Mukha Svanasana
This yoga pose improves scalp blood circulation, allowing fresh blood to travel to your scalp. As a result, you have a healthy scalp, which promotes hair growth and reduces hair fall. It is a simple pose that relaxes your spine and neck by stretching them. The downward-facing pose is an excellent yoga for hair growth that can be done anytime.
- Enhances Blood Circulation
- Tones the hands
- Lowers stress, depression, and anxiety
- Helps in digestion and abdominal muscle strength.
- Stand on four limbs.
- Exhale and slowly raise your hips, straightening your elbows and knees. Make a tilted ‘V’ with your body
- Your hands should be parallel to your shoulders, and your feet should be parallel to your hips
- Make sure your toes are pointing outwards. Extend your neck and press your hands into the ground
- Your ears should be touching your inner arms, and your gaze should be directed to your navel
- Hang on for a few seconds, then get back to the table position by bending your knees.
Vajrasana (Diamond Pose)
True, a healthy digestive system is necessary for a healthy body. Vajrasana is the most basic yoga pose for improving digestion and hair growth. It is a single yoga pose that can be practiced after eating to alleviate all tummy problems. There are ample vajrasana benefits for hair.
- Enhances digestion
- Lower back pain is relieved by strengthening the lower back
- Menstrual cramps are reduced
- Increases pelvic muscle strength
How To Do
- Sit upright on the floor
- Stretch your legs while keeping your spine upright position.
- Your heels should be together
- Place your hands by your sides, palms facing the ground
- Fold both legs, keeping them under your thighs; first the left leg, then the right
- Place your hands on your upper thighs
- Sit in a resting position and take deep breaths in and out
- Return to your original sitting position with stretched legs.
Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
This is an efficient asana for enhancing hair growth by improving your mental state. This pose relieves stress and mood swings by expanding the heart and dropping the head.
- Reduces anxiety
- Promotes healthy hair growth
- Releases tension
How To Do
- Lean back with your hands under your hips
- Raise your chest off the floor and, with your neck tilted back, touch your head to the floor
- Firm your hips and heels to the floor, and balance your lifted upper body on your elbows
- Hold for 15-30 seconds, breathing slowly.
This asana is renowned as the raised leg pose. It is highly beneficial to those suffering from back pain and stomach disorders.
- The abdominal muscles are strengthened.
- Improves blood circulation
- It provides nourishment, which aids in the reduction of brittleness and dryness.
How To Do
- Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and your palms facing the ground
- Stretch your body and gradually raise your legs from the ground at a 45–60-degree angle
- Keep your legs raised for a minute or longer if you can.
The key to hair growth through yoga is to perform yoga mudras and asanas correctly and safely. Practice will yield noticeable results in no time.
Incorporating these yoga asanas into your daily routine will significantly assist you in combating your hair problems. Eat well, stay hydrated, and use these organic yoga poses to quickly achieve long, shiny, luscious hair.