Generally speaking, it’s normal for any man to be concerned if they notice small growths on their penis. In that case, they might have the so-called pearly penile papules or PPP. Scientifically known as hirsutoid papillomas, PPPs are common in a substantial percentage of the male population.
Although the appearance of these bumps seems to be alarming, they’re harmless and will disappear over time. Continue reading to learn more about pearly penile papules and how you can manage these small bumps.
Pearly Penile Papules: What Are They?
Essentially, pearly penile papules or PPP are small bumps appearing in rows on the head of the penis during adolescence or early adulthood. They also emerge in small dome-like shapes with pearly white, yellow, or pink colors.
Although the symptoms of PPP vary from person to person, they’re often harmless and painless. They’re considered a normal skin condition caused by the overgrowth of connective tissue cells known as fibroblasts, collagen in a particular area, or dilated blood vessels.
Pearly Penile Papules: How Can You Manage Them?
Generally, pearly penile papules will fade over time. But the longer they stay on your penis, the more significant their impact on your sexual relationships and overall sense of confidence. That said, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with some ways to manage these small bumps on your penis more effectively. These can include:
- Using PPP Removal Kit
If you’re looking for a more convenient way of dealing with pearly penile papules, you may consider using a PPP removal kit. It’s designed to remove the bumps from the comfort of your home. It contains a high-quality ionizer used to vaporize the bumps with the laser and burn them for good.
Meanwhile, if you’ve heard about this PPP removal kit for the first time, you can browse the web to get more info and help you decide whether it’s the best way to manage your PPP.
- Applying Natural Home Remedies
Apart from the removal kits, there are also other natural remedies for pearly penile papules that you can do at home. These natural methods are becoming popular because they’re painless, safe without side effects, and require a minimum recovery period with the best possible results.
So, if you opt for natural home remedies for managing pearly penile papules, the following are some options you can consider:
- Tea Tree Oil: It contains antibacterial and antiviral properties that help small bumps on the penis dry out quickly and heal the skin without experiencing any side effects.
- Calamine Lotion: It refers to over-the-counter medication to help ease skin itchiness. It contains a high concentration of zinc, which is also suitable for treating PPP. The zinc will dry out the bumps and remove them for good.
- Bio-Oil: It can be used to manage penile papules by softening the skin and making the growth less visible over time. But to get the most out of it, you’ll need to apply the bio-oil several times to get a more favorable outcome.
- Undergoing Surgical Procedures
Despite being unalarming, men with pearly penile papules usually feel distressed. These small growths on their penis can be mistaken for genital warts and other sexually transmitted diseases. Thus, men dealing with PPP opt to have them removed as soon as possible to bring back the original appearance of their penis.
Meanwhile, depending on your doctor’s recommendations, you can also manage pearly penile papules by undergoing specific surgical procedures. These can include:
- Radiosurgery: It uses a high dose of laser radiation to create free radicals, which are used to stop the growth and spread of PPP.
- Cryosurgery: It utilizes liquid nitrogen to freeze the bumps and eventually disappear on their own within a certain period of time.
- Excision Surgery: It requires the use of certain tools by the doctors to get rid of the papules. However, performing excision surgery is painful and may cause scarring on your penis.
- Hyfrecator: It uses electric current to desiccate the small penile bumps. Once the procedure is done, the doctor will scrape the remaining tissue using a surgical tool.
It’s essential to remember that pearly penile papules don’t have to be a cause of concern for you and your sexual partner. But since they’re unappealing to look at, there are ways that can help you manage them properly.
By keeping the information mentioned above in mind, you’ll know more about these small growths on your penis and how to deal with them over time. Although they usually fade by themselves, don’t hesitate to talk to a doctor if you feel something unusual in your penis or other body parts.